January 27, 2009

Welcome to E is for Environment!

My name is Erika Serena and I am a Junior at the University of Minnesota-Duluth. I am a Community Health major, minoring in Psychology. Currently, I am on track to graduate in the Spring of 2010. This blog is going to be used for my Environmental Health course with Dr. Amy Versnik Nowak.

Blogger is a place I am going to attach my assignments, create posts about current issues and things I am learning, while commenting on and learning from peers blogs. I will also be posting pictures, getting to know the blogger website and hopefully build my knowledge of technology! :)

There are 5 possible types of posts on my blog. They include:

  1. Advocacy Project

  2. Eye Openers

  3. Reflections

  4. Reviews

  5. Share and Voice

If you notice at the bottom of this post, the categories will be listed as labels. This post is has been labeled with all five kinds of posts. You will also see the number of each kind of post in my Labels Gadget at the top of the page. All post titles from now on will begin with one of the categories above.

The members of my web group are:

  1. Jessica
  2. Hannah
  3. Jeff
  4. Lauren

You can subscribe to my blog by clicking the subscribe gadget in the gadget column. You can also follow my blog by clicking "Follow this Blog" in the gadget column. I am subscribed to all the blogs in my blog list gadget. You can see my complete profile and all the blogs I am following by clicking on "See Complete Profile." (Make sure all these gadgets are in place).

(The photo in the above corner was taken at Birch Lake which is located in Babbitt, Minnesota)




6 comments:

  1. It's looking good! Love the photo and the signature you created. We'll have to cover how to do hyperlinks on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika! I love the picture with your intro post, is it in the boundary waters? I'm looking forward to being group members!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Erika!

    I love the blue color scheme of your blog...it's my favorite color! Also, I like the "Small Steps for Big Results" gadget...it relates to improving the environment in addition to fitness & health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your blog looks good! And your picture reminds me of the boundry waters it's a nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erika:)
    Your blog looks really good. I wanna go to the beach in that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, Erika! Please make sure you have all the required gadgets. Ask if you need help! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete