May 10, 2009

Share & Voice: Remodel to Go Green

While I'm in the small town of Babbitt, MN for the weekend (I'm sure more of you have NO idea where it is...) I've been watching a lot of HGtv before going to bed.

Most of the shows have been remodeling ones, and while I'm watching these shows, I couldn't help but question a lot of the moves they were making to re-decorate. I think my inner "junker" started to take over... I questioned why they were throwing so many things out, why the needed to go to the store to get a new chair or table when they could sand it and revarnish... Or why they couldn't just re-apohlster furniture intead of going out and buying new peices that looked EXACTLY the same. THEN I found the show that re-models in an eco-friendly fashion :)
Introducing... Decorating Cents!

Decorating Cents is for homeowners who care about and want variety in home decor, but are trying to stay within an affordable budget. In each episode, host Joan Steffend and guest designers provide room makeovers costing less than $500, ways to turn trash into treasures and tips on making a room feel and look fresh just by rearranging furniture and adding a few inexpensive accessories.Decorating Cents is intended to inspire viewers to use inexpensive objects and their own ingenuity to decorate. Cool right?! PERFECT for college students too :)
Check it out... and if you get cable, watch for it on HGtv!

2 comments:

  1. My mom introduced me to this show a long time ago - it really is a good one and we both love it! I like that it's practical and that they reuse items instead of buying new ones and creating so much waste. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had a high school social studies teacher from Babbitt, so I've heard of the town before! I am gonna watch for Decorating Cents this summer!

    ReplyDelete